Recognising our future marketing leaders
Welcome to the IMG Young Marketer of the Year Award, an award that celebrates and recognises the highly-skilled marketing talent we have in the insurance industry and puts the spotlight on marketers who have demonstrated stand out marketing flair in the last year.
What makes these awards different?
- This is the first marketing award in the insurance industry that is not-for-profit, run by the market, for the market thanks to our incredible sponsors, EDII and the Chartered Institute of Insurance – not to mention the support lent by the LMA, the IUA and the LMG.
- The award recognises the highly-skilled marketing talent we have in the insurance industry and puts the spotlight on a marketer who has demonstrated stand out marketing flair between June 2020 to July 2021.
- This is a nominations-based award and a high-profile judging panel will be responsible for choosing the shortlist and ultimate winners.
The prizes are an opportunity to boost your career
- First prize is a place on EDII’s Digital Minds programme. By immersing yourself in the challenges and opportunities faced by the insurance industry, this 12-month programme will give you a powerful mix of innovation, business and digitally-focussed leadership skills from experienced industry specialists and experts in their field.
- Second prize is an £800 bursary towards CII marketing training.
Voting opens on 19 July and closes on 3 September. The shortlist will be announced on 10 September, with the awards reception taking place on 7 October 2021.
Award criteria (the boring stuff):
- Candidates should be nominated based on projects and activities they have been involved in between June 2020 to July 2021.
- Candidates must have been in marketing for less than 5 years on 1 July 2021.
- They must have been working within the insurance industry for 12 months prior to the 1 July 2021 and must be working within the insurance industry on this date.
2021 Nomination form
The 2020 award saw 37 nominations and six shortlisted candidates:
We had some of the best marketers in the insurance industry on our judging panel:
Karen Bigwood, Head of Brand at Lloyd’s
Martin White, Chief Marketing Officer at MS Amlin
Ian Simons, Marketing Director at Chartered Institute of Insurance
Kate Whittaker, Head of Corporate Communications at DUAL.